75% off “The Forge” by Epic Sound Lab
“The Forge” is an intuitive and powerful cinematic sample library that excels at sounds for Epic Hybrid Electronic, Orchestral and Trailer Music.
Designed to offer a flexible environment for you to customize the individual sounds to your needs, this library offers an enormous range of Loops, Drones, Drums, Impacts, SFX and more – perfect for every Film, TV and Game composer!Deal Expired
Massive, Cutting Edge, Epic Cinematic Sounds for Kontakt
The sounds of “The Forge“” have been designed and built to enhance modern Action Movies, Cinematic Trailers, Underscore and Video Games and includes a vast selection of Loops, Drones, Drums, Impacts, SFX, Melodic Instruments, Risers, Downers, Tuned Percussion and more!
The library comes comes complete with 200 presets, which form a fantastic starting point for you to mould and manipulate the sounds.
Geared towards Film, TV, Video Game composers and Sound Designers, it provides everything you need to take those epic tracks to an entirely new level!
3.4GB of Cinematic Instruments, Drones, Drums, Impacts and SFX!
There are nine sound categories in “The Forge” a which cover every conceivable sonic area you might need for your next blockbuster track, including:
- Drones – Dark drones for horror and sci-fi
- Drums – Several acoustic drums and sound designed ones, the stack function can make them sound huge!
- Impacts – Aggressive and big impact sounds
- Loops – Several agressive/distorted drum, percussion and bass loops
- Melodic – Atmospheric pianos, bowed classical guitar, ghost picked cello and more
- SFX – A selection of atmospheric and unusual SFX
- Sweeps – Noise and synth sweeps, downers and some modern hybrid synth stabs/hits.
- Synthetic – Contains the categories drums, arp, basic, bass, pads and poly
- Tuned Percussion – Acoustic tuned percussion
For those who want to use “The Forge” with their own samples it also comes with 3 init presets for you to begin experimenting with.
Each of these presets has a different low pass filter type. One is a more aggressive sounding “Daft” filter, the others with a more “analog” sounding 4 pole and 2 pole filter.
All of the sounds in this library are also available as over 3GB of open .WAV files!
Powerful Built In Effects Engine
“The Forge” is blessed with a simple to understand but highly effective user interface (GUI) that is divided into several sections and each comes with a myriad of creative tools to help you explore the sound design possibilities of the instrument, including the following:
- Highpass/Lowpass filter
- ADSR envelopes for the filter
- ADSR envelopes for volume
- A Step Sequencer/Arpeggiator with various modes (more about this below!)
- An FX section at the bottom
The Effects Rack
“The Forge” also provides a generous selection of effects that will enable you to mangle your sound even further, resulting in sounds that are uniquely yours! The effects rack includes:
A small toggle button to the left of the name of the effect toggles them on or off. Once the effect is active you will find all of the needed controls to tweak the sound.
The “Stack” function
The Stack function will stack multiple voices/versions of the same sample for an ensemble style sound. You can control the amount of voices, detune, stereo spread and note start time. Clever combinations of all these can result in some truly monstrous sounds!
Multiple Ways To Manipulate The Sounds
“The Forge” offers a unique multi-function take on the classic step sequencer in which the user can choose one of three different options to manipulate the sound, all of which are tempo synced to the host DAW:
- Arpeggiator – the order of arpeggiated notes is the order in which you play them
- Polyphonic Sequencer – Works the same as the arpeggiator but all the notes are played at the same time
- Rhythmic Gater – Only affects the sound amplitude.
Three buttons below the main arpeggio window determine which mode (arpeggio, poly or gate) you will be using with a simple click.
The Arpeggiator also offers a lot of scope for refining the sound of your sequences, per step you can change the all of the following controls:
- On/Off value
- Octave and semi-tone
Furthermore you can change the length and rate (16th, 8th, 8th triplet etc.) of the pattern.
So What Exactly Can I Do With “The Forge”?
“The Forge” is packed to the brim with some very unique and atmospheric sounds. With 200 individual patches and a wide range of easily adjustable effects it is perfect for but not limited to:
- Cinematic Trailers – Hits, Risers and Whooshes for maximum impact!
- Underscore – Subtly evolving and shifting ambiences for those high tension scenes.
- Video Games – Alert the player to danger with dramatic FX and Hits!
- Sound Design – Enhance action sequences with carefully placed impacts and Booms!
Aimed squarely at the the modern Composer/Sound Designer producing agressive hybrid orchestral tracks… if you make that type of music then then “The Forge” is definitely for you!
Note: Requires the Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher (Not compatible the free Kontakt Player)
Normally €159 – get it at 75% off before its gone!
- Absolute no-brainer at 75% off the normal price (normally €159)!
- 3.4GB of content, including over 3GB of open .WAV files
- Over 200 Kontakt presets covering Drones, Drums, Impacts, Loops, Melodic, SFX, Sweeps, Synthetic and Tuned Percussion
- Customize your own samples
- An Advanced User Interface
- An Arpeggiator, Polyphonic Sequencer and Rhythmic Gater
- Comprehensive Effects Rack including Distortion, Saturation, Punch, EQ, Delay
- Dual Engine Reverb
- Unison / Voices Stack
- Note: Requires the Full Retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or higher (NOT compatible with the free Player)
- Approx 4GB of free disk space
- At least 4GB of RAM
- Perfect for Cinematic Underscore, Video Games, Sound Design, Trailer Music and much more!
What People Think About 75% off “The Forge” by Epic Sound Lab
"The sound sets of of The Forge are very much “of the now” and have tend to lean towards that hybrid trailer-adventure-score kind of sound. Epic SoundLab’s hybrid library The Forge is a flexible set of samples with a slant toward the hybrid trailer sound. The 200 presets, arp and sequence capabilities give you a pretty big bang for your buck."
Sample library Review
Music Industry Blog
"The Forge is a great product, rich in content with great user interface. If you are in search of a hybrid product than you might want to look at the Forge as it has most elements you will need in order to make some nice hybrid trailer music."
The Audio Spotlight
Music Industry Blog
"The Forge definitely contains some very unique and atmospheric sounds, it gives you interesting options to add a nice twist to your music. It is clearly aimed at the more aggressive sounding hybrid orchestral music if you make that type of music I can recommend The Forge to you!"
Film and Game Composers
Music Industry Blog