40% off “Syntorial” – Synth Programming Tutorial Software
Syntorial is video game-like training software, that will teach you how to program synth patches by ear.
With almost 200 lessons, combining video demonstrations with interactive challenges, you’ll get hands on experience programming patches on a built-in soft synth, and learn everything you need to know to start making your own sounds with ease.Deal Expired
More Than Just a Synth Tutorial
When was the last time you had a software or hardware synth in front of you and just started randomly twisting knobs hoping to get the right sound?
Do you understand what “ring modulation” really is and how it works? Do you know how saw, pulse, triangle and sine waveforms are created and how they sound? What oscillators do? What AD Modulation Envelopes do? Portamento?
Well once you’re finished with Syntorial, you’ll know when, why and how to use over 60 common synth parameters to get the sound you want!
The deal ends in:
For Musicians Not Physicists
Instead of talking about the science and physics behind synthesizers, Syntorial will show you how each control effects sound, as well as when, why and how you would use them when designing sounds.
This is information that you can immediately apply to real-life situations.
The deal ends in:
Its All About the Ear
One step at a time, Syntorial trains your ear to recognize how each control shapes and manipulates sound.
Throughout the lessons, you’re given “hidden” patches to try to replicate.
By the end of the program you’ll be able to take the sounds you hear and re-create them, completely by ear.
The deal ends in:
Along with the 199 core essential lessons that come with Syntorial, additional Lesson Packs expand your learning experience into other parts of the synth world. Extend the core essential lessons of Syntorial with these add-on Lesson Packs (Free for all registered users!)
Check out the current lineup which includes lessons on:
- Z3TA+ 2
- Minimoog Voyager
So What Exactly Am I Getting?
Pay once, and get Syntorial on 3 platforms: Mac (10.6+) PC (10, 8, 7, Vista) iPad (iOS 8+). Syntorial includes:
- 147 Videos: Everything is taught through video demonstrations using the same synth that you’ll use in the challenges.
- 129 Challenges: Learn by doing! Complete challenges by programming patches with Syntorial’s built-in synth.
- 706 Patches: Program, program, program. After all, that’s what it’s all about, right? By the end you will have programmed over 700 patches, from simple to complex, familiar to strange.
- 64 Synth Parameters: Syntorial covers the most common parameters found on most synths. See the FAQ for more details.
- 33 On Your Own: Syntorial will give you periodic tasks to be carried out on your own with whatever synth(s) you use.
- 39 Quizzes: Multiple choice questions to help you retain and remember everything you learn.
The deal ends in:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a demo?
Yes there is a demo version of Syntorial which you can try to to see if its for you (we’re 100% sure it is!). You get the first 22 (out of 199) essential lessons with 4-5 videos from each additional lesson pack.
There’s no time limit on the demo version, but this deal does have a time limit so make sure and grab it at 40% quick before the deal is over!
Why should I pay for Syntorial when there are synthesis tutorials that are free or cost less?
True, there are many sources of information (some accurate, some not) out there on sound design that will cost you less than Syntorial. But they’re all missing the one thing that makes Syntorial so effective: two-way interaction. Books, articles and videos can only GIVE you information, and then it’s up to you to turn that new information into an actual usable skill. That’s like reading a medical textbook and then trying to do brain surgery. Best of luck to that patient!
Syntorial not only gives you the information, but it walks you through a step-by-step method in which you use your ear to program patch after patch after patch, and provides you with feedback at every turn to make sure you’re doing it right. You not only learn WHAT to do, you actually DO it, and BECOME a sound designer in the process.
Well how can I trust that the makers of Syntorial know what they’re talking about?
You don’t need to trust them, you can find out for yourself BEFORE you buy. Download the Syntorial Demo and try several lessons for free. You’ll be able to get a feel for how the program works and truly understand the value of Syntorial’s methods. If that’s not enough, go to Syntorial’s YouTube channel to watch a few video tutorials in which they re-create some popular synth patches from scratch, and you’ll see just how knowledgable and skilled they truly are, both at designing sounds and instructing others on how to do it themselves. They know what they’re doing, and they know how to teach it!
What are the system requirements?
- Mac with OS 10.6 or later
- PC with Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista.
- iPad with iOS 8 or later
1 GB free disk space. For Mac/PC, Midi keyboard recommended, but not required. Feel free to download and install the demo or free app to make sure Syntorial works on your system.
Do I need an actual synth to use this program?
No, Syntorial comes with a custom, quality, built-in soft synth, used throughout the entire program.
Can I use my own synth?
No. In order to provide you with feedback on your patch programming, Syntorial needs to interact with the synth in a very specific and special way, that only Syntorial’s synth is equipped to handle.
Will I be able to use my new found skills on synths other than Syntorial’s?
Yes! Syntorial’s synth is designed to encompass the most common synth parameters found on the vast majoriy of synths, and includes several videos that will help you apply your newfound skills to your own synth. Syntorial’s synth features:
- Subtractive synthesis
- Three Oscillators (Two with Waveform, Pitch, Pulse Width, and Mix controls, and a Sub oscillator with Waveform and Volume controls)
- Saw, Pulse, Triangle and Sine waveforms
- FM knob
- Noise Oscillator
- Oscillator Sync
- Filter (Low, Band and High Pass) with Resonance and Key Tracking
- ADSR Filter Envelope
- ADSR Amp Envelope
- AD Modulation Envelope
- LFO with four waveforms, seven destinations, rate, amount, trigger, and mono/poly modes
- Mono and Poly Voice Modes
- Unison with Voice, Detune and Spread controls
- Ring Modulation
- Distortion, Chorus, Phaser, Delay, and Reverb effects
- Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel and Velocity controls
If you’re still not sure whether your synth is applicable, feel free to contact us and let us know your synth’s make and model.
How many devices can I install Syntorial on?
You can install Syntorial on one desktop computer and one laptop computer so long as both computers are owned and used by you, as well as one iPad.
"Syntorial" - Synth Programming Tutorial Software
40% off "Syntorial" - Synth Programming Tutorial SoftwareDeal Expired
Normally $129.99 – get it at 40% before its gone!
- Absolute no-brainer at 40% off the normal price (normally $129.99!)!
- Mac (10.6+), PC (10, 8, 7, or Vista) or iPad (iOS 8+). MIDI keyboard recommended for Mac/PC, but not required.
- VST/AU synth plugin included
- Pay once, and get Syntorial on 3 platforms: Mac (10.6+) PC (10, 8, 7, Vista) iPad (iOS 8+)
- 147 Videos, 129 Challenges, 706 Patches, 64 Synth Parameters, 33 On Your Own and 39 Quizzes
- Finally understand exactly what you’re doing when tweaking hardware or software synths so you can get the sound you want!
- Award winning synth tutorial software
- Expandable to get additional lessons on specific synths including Sylenth1, Z3TA+ 2 and Minimoog Voyager
What People Think About 40% off “Syntorial” – Synth Programming Tutorial Software
"The most comprehensive and fun tool for learning synthesizer programming, hands down."
"The best training in synth sound-design we've come across. A unique and fun way to train your ears in re-creating synth sounds. We look forward to future updates"
"Syntorial is the most direct route between hearing a sound in your head and knowing how to bring it to life. Lesson-by-lesson, module-by-module, Syntorial shows you almost everything that synths can do without getting bogged down in theory. Learn to aurally recognize VCO waveforms, filter bandwidths, LFO rates, ADSR parameters, effects types, and more. Get the edge on sound design by educating yourself with this new apporach to tutorial software."
Electronic Musician Magazine
"I think it takes learning to a whole new level and makes understanding the parameters and HOW they impact the sound so much easier as you focus on what you hear and not just what you see."
Sounds and Gear