50% off “Building Blocks” by Audible Genius
“Building Blocks” is an online music theory and composition course tailored to the needs of DAW-based music makers.
Starting from the very beginning, you’ll embark on a video game-style interactive journey in their online DAW. And along the way, you’ll build real-life music-making skills with the intuitive step-by-step process until you’re making your own original beats from scratch.Deal Expired
Music Theory & Composition Course For DAW-Based Music Makers!
Building Blocks is a special music course designed for those who write music in a DAW. It will teach you how to create these four essential elements of music in an engaging DAW environment:
- Drum Patterns
- Chord Progressions
Over the duration of the course you will learn about, modernized music theory, creating original music and interactive ear training.
The Building Blocks online music production course is brought to you by Audible Genius, the creators of Syntorial. With Building Blocks, they’ve taken the same interactive ear-focused approach and brought it into the world of composition.
The deal ends in:
Throw Out The Traditional Music Theory Rule Book & Take A New Approach!
With Building Blocks, Audible Genius have thrown out the traditional music theory rule book and created a new approach that’s tailored to the needs of DAW-based musicians.
Modernized Music Theory
Traditional music theory takes place in the centuries-old music staff and is loaded with information that doesn’t always apply to a DAW environment. So Building Blocks takes a streamlined need-to-know approach, removing the music staff and replacing it with the Piano Roll.
Learning music theory in the Piano Roll is crucial for DAW-based musicians. The Piano Roll is a note editing interface found in today’s most popular DAWs. So you’ll be learning in an environment that you can actually use to create music in your every-day music-making process.
Learn more about Building Blocks’ unique approach to teaching music theory.
Create Original Music
Throughout this online music composition course, you’ll be writing your own original music in Audible Genius’ online music production studio.
Every few lessons, you’ll be prompted to take what you’ve learned and write a drum pattern, bassline, chord progression, or melody. Sometimes you’ll be asked to write them together, or create a full beat from scratch.
By the end of Building Blocks, you’ll have plenty of original music to jump-start new songs. And Audible Genius’ MIDI Export feature will make it easier for you to transfer your music from Building Blocks to your DAW-of-choice.
Interactive Ear Training
Unlike other music production courses, Building Blocks is more than just a series of videos. In almost every lesson, you’ll encounter an interactive ear training challenge that takes place in Audible Genius’ online music production studio.
You’ll recreate hidden drum patterns, basslines, chord progressions, and melodies by ear. Every time you place a note correctly, your ear will get a little bit stronger. And eventually, you’ll be able to start creating the music you hear and feel.
A Proven Method
The Building Blocks online music production course is brought to you by Audible Genius, the creators of Syntorial. Syntorial is an award-winning synthesizer training app.
Syntorial has become the go-to method for learning how to design sounds with a synthesizer. With Building Blocks, Audible Genius have taken the same interactive ear-focused approach and brought it into the world of composition.
The deal ends in:
So What Exactly Am I Getting With “Building Blocks” – A Course Preview
Building Blocks is completely online and comes with two extensive courses (with more to be added in the future) covering the following subjects:
- Using the three core drums of Kick, Snare, and Hi-Hat, to create an endless variety of patterns and rhythmic feels.
- Using Velocity to vary the volume of drum notes to make your drum grooves bounce and come alive.
- Writing Bass rhythms that feel great with the Drums, an essential relationship that is needed to set up a strong rhythmic foundation for your song.
- Setting up the tonality for the Chords, and writing basslines that support the Chords’ harmony.
- How to use different chord types to influence a song’s tonality and mood.
- Voicing block chords to create a variety of top-line movement.
- Arpeggiating chords to excite the overall rhythm with linear movement.
- How to use Phrasing to provide conversational movement and rhythm, enabling your music to connect with the listener.
- How to make the tracks work together to create a cohesive sound and feel.
- Core song elements: Beat, Tempo, Measures, and more.
- Understanding Relative Pitch and using it to determine a song’s tonality and mood.
- Building essential chord types and navigating their related chord tones and non-chord tones.
- Rhythm: placement, duration, how it relates to the beat, and how it determines a song’s groove and feel.
- Tonality: How pitches and the intervals between them influence the mood of a song.
- Develop and train your ear to recognize the elements mentioned above, including pitch and rhythm.
- Gain the ability to start taking what you hear in your head and in the music you listen to, and translate it into your music.
- Writing an engaging Melody that connects with the listener.
- Infusing expression into a Melody with Legato and Grace Notes.
- Using speech patterns to inspire Melodic phrasing.
- Navigating Melodies over chord changes.
- Writing chord progressions with changing roots.
- Anticipating chord changes to create a more fluid and flexible movement through your song’s harmony.
- Inverting chord voicings to make your chord progression more melodic and engaging, and less clunky.
- Writing Basslines under chord changes.
- Anticipating root changes.
- Adding life and personality to your bassline with Legato and Grace Notes.
- Adding additional drums to your patterns like Open Hi-Hat, Toms, Clap, and Sidestick.
- Generating more rhythmic feels with Half-Time and 16th Shuffle.
- Creating drum patterns without one or both backbeats to create a more low-key rhythmic foundation.
- Extending the relative pitch range to a full octave.
- Intentionally overlapping adjacent notes to create Legato connections.
- Adding Grace Notes to create expressive bends at the beginning of a note.
- Staying in Key to create Diatonic chord progressions.
- Following the continually shifting chord tones and non-chord tones through chord changes.
- Moving backbeats to different beat locations and how it affects a song’s overall feel.
- Increasing the number of beat divisions to generate a shuffled and/or triplet rhythmic feel.
- Develop and train your ear to recognize the elements mentioned above, including pitch, rhythm, and chord changes.
- Further refine the ability to start taking what you hear in your head and in the music you listen to, and translate it into your music.
Normally €58 – get it at 50% off before it’s gone!
- 50% off the normal price (normally €58!)!
- A Complete Online Music Theory & Composition Course for DAW-Based Music Makers!
- Two extensive courses (with more to be added in the future)
- LEARN ABOUT:
- Modernized Music Theory
- Creating Original Music
- Interactive Ear Training
- BUILDING BLOCKS 1
- Drums – Using Kick, Snare, and Hi-Hat, to create an endless variety of patterns and rhythmic feels.
- Bass – Writing Bass rhythms that feel great with the Drums.
- Chords – How to use different chord types to influence a song’s tonality and mood.
- Music Theory – Core song elements: Beat, tempo, measures, and more.
- Ear Training – Develop and train your ear to recognize pitch and rhythm.
- BUILDING BLOCKS 2
- Melody – Writing an engaging Melody that connects with the listener.
- Chords – Writing chord progressions with changing roots. Anticipating chord changes. Inverting chord voicings.
- Bass – Writing Basslines under chord changes.
- Drums – Adding additional drums to your patterns like Open Hi-Hat, Toms, Clap, and Sidestick.
- Music Theory – Extending the relative pitch range to a full octave. Intentionally overlapping adjacent notes to create Legato connections. Adding Grace Notes to create expressive bends at the beginning of a note.
- Ear Training – Develop and train your ear to recognize pitch, rhythm, and chord changes. Further refine the ability to start taking what you hear in your head and in the music you listen to, and translate it into your music.
- Runs in your web browser – Chrome, Opera and Edge are currently supported on Mac and PC.
- Note: This course requires you to sign up for an online account with Audible Genius in order to access the course materials. VSTBuzz does not host any downloads for this.
- Build real-life music-making skills with Audible Genius’ intuitive step-by-step process until you’re making your own original beats from scratch!
What People Think About 50% off “Building Blocks” by Audible Genius
"I think Building Blocks is a fantastic resource for all those musicians and producers who want to either learn from scratch or feel more confident with the underlying structures of electronic music. Like it or not, the grid and piano roll are here to stay, so the more you master them, the better your composition skills will be."
Audio News Room
Music Industry Blog
"I already know music theory and music production, but I would recommend this to anyone. This is a hands on approach, especially for people who have a hard time following online tutorials.”
"For the first time, I'm confident that I'll be able to create my own original music. The interactive exercises combined with the theory given creates a really good and unique learning experience!”
"I have no music education background at all. This course feels like it was made just for me. Enjoying every moment of it so far.”