60% off “Hollywood Choirs (Gold Edition)” by EastWest/Quantum Leap
EastWest/Quantum Leap “Hollywood Choirs (Gold Edition)” delivers that powerful, blockbuster choral sound that all composers seek and opens up new 3D soundscapes that will help create incredible and emotional journeys for audiences for many years to come!
Featuring a shockingly realistic female and male choir and the revolutionary Wordbuilder, this library is perfect for Cinematic Underscore, Epic Trailer Tracks, TV & Video Games and much more!Deal Expired
8GB of Beautifully Recorded & Inspiring Male/Female Choirs!
“In the past 12 years, there have been many attempts by others to improve on what EastWest/Quantum Leap achieved with Symphonic Choirs” says EastWest producer Nick Phoenix
“Small improvements were made to various aspects of choir sampling, but the emphasis has been on pre-recorded and severely limited phrases. If composers are not tired of hearing the same faux Latin phrases repeated over and over, those listening certainly are. No single choir virtual instrument has managed to deliver a fluid, intuitive and great sounding choir that was capable of singing any words in any language, soft or loud… until now.”
“Hollywood Choirs” was awarded the prestigious TEC Award for “Best Virtual Instrument 2019″ at NAMM, and is a beautifully recorded, all new, choirs virtual instrument from Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, the producers of Symphonic Choirs, the best-selling and most awarded virtual choir of all time.
“Hollywood Choirs (Gold Edition)” includes the following:
- A collection of men and women choir instruments
- A WordBuilder program that turns text into sung words
- 8GB of 16-bit, 44.1 khz samples, Main Mix (Gold Edition)
- EastWest’s PLAY 6 Software including a new instrument search database (earlier PLAY versions are not supported with this library).
“Hollywood Choirs” delivers that powerful, blockbuster sound that composers seek and opens up new 3D soundscapes that will help create incredible and emotional journeys for your audiences for many years to come!
The deal ends in:
The Next Generation of Ultra-Realistic Cinematic Choirs!
“Hollywood Choirs” gives voice to a new generation of powerful cinematic vocals with unprecedented dynamics and shocking realism that unleashes a new world of choral possibilities!
Men and Women Choirs
Hollywood Choirs features a total of 74 instruments divided into two main categories: Men’s and Women’s Choirs. The two main categories each contain a set of instruments within their respective sub-categories: Cons, Vowels and WordBuilder Multi.
Consonants and Vowels are available as separate Instruments, while WordBuilder Multis (short for Multi-Instruments) are pre-configured and ready to use with WordBuilder.
- Consonants – contain instruments that are looped and programmed with the Mod Wheel (CC1) to cross-fade between 2 dynamic layers.
- Vowels – contain a variety of different instrument types that are looped (with the exception of Staccato) and use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to cross-fade between 3 dynamic layers.
- WordBuilder – The Men’s and Women’s WB Multis folders contain Multi-Instruments that are designed to work with WordBuilder. A WB Multi (short for Multi-Instrument) will load with everything setup and ready to use with WordBuilder automatically, with 14 instruments that act as one in order to accommodate all the possible phonetic sounds WordBuilder needs to make words at any given moment.
An Overview of the User Interface
“Hollywood Choirs” releases with PLAY 6, the latest version of EastWest’s advanced sample engine that powers all of EastWest’s virtual instruments, called Play Libraries.
Use the Navigation Bar located at the top to access all main areas (from left to right):
- Main Menu – enables the opening and saving of instruments and more.
- Settings Menu – includes access audio/midi setup, streaming settings, and more
- Player – displays custom controls and a unique user interface for each Play Library
- Browser – search and browse for instruments in the Libraries and Database areas
- Mixer – features channel strips, FX Racks and Sub-Mixers for loaded instruments
- Instrument Selector – easily switch between loaded instruments
- Instruments Sidebar – access instruments and their Advanced Instrument Properties
Hollywood Choirs delivers a powerful, blockbuster sound that is sure to excite both composers and audiences alike!
“I don’t think I’ve heard as lifelike and as flexible a sampled choir as EastWest Hollywood Choirs” – Electronic Musician
New & Improved WordBuilder – You Type It, The Choir Sings It!
“Hollywood Choirs” includes a new version of WordBuilder, first debuted in the multi-award winning EastWest / Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs. This is the program that allows you to type in words and have them sung by a choir!
Please see below for descriptions of these new features, including many under-the-hood enhancements:
- All New Phrases: Over 100 new phrase presets, and more on the way!
- All New Phonemes: New vowel and consonants added for increased realism.
- Frequency Dependent Consonants: Non-pitched consonants now sampled with high and low frequency variations.
- Independent Handling: All consonants that fall at the end of a word are now handled independent of those that begin a word, resulting in more realistic delivery of words.
- Consonant Volume Scaling: WordBuilder detects the number of notes in a chord and applies volume scaling to consonants to ensure the they remain at an intelligible level.
- Sync to DAW: Now you can synchronize the position in WordBuilder’s Text Editor to your DAW’s sequencer playback.
- Global Phoneme Balance: Vowels, Pitched Consonants and Non-Pitched Consonants have volume sliders that allow you to adjust the relative balance between phonemes.
- Alternative Takes of Non-Pitched Consonants: The importance non-pitched consonants play in creating intelligible words led to the development of a new feature that provides the user with complete control over alternative takes. Instead of using a traditional ‘round robin’ system that cycles through alternative takes, often leading to inconsistent results, users can now define a specific alternative take of all non-pitched consonants by using a numbering system.
- Parameter Grouping: Volume, Pan and Microphone Mix changes are applied across all instruments within a WB Multi. Combined with the existing Reverb Master functionality that applies reverb across all instruments within an instance of Play, shaping the mix any way you want is easier than ever.
- Ease of Use: Hollywood Choirs was recorded with combined Men and Women sections, allowing for an increase in overall power of the choir by taking advantage of the overlapping ranges. As an added benefit, this makes setting up WordBuilder with just 2 Voice Types much easier.
“What immediately becomes apparent with EastWest’s Hollywood Choirs – even before one engages the deep WordBuilder option – is that this is easily the best sounding choir on the market. From media composers to more traditional composers, Hollywood Choirs certainly is a front-runner for Virtual Instrument of the Year” – CDN
The deal ends in:
The Mixer & FX Rack – 13 Mic Positions Plus Everything You Need To Shape Your Sound!
The Mixer View
The Mixer view displays a channel strip for each loaded instrument with controls for volume, panning, mute and solo, as well as buttons to access an FX Rack and to open Sub-Mixer channels for instruments with multiple microphone positions.
The Sub-Mixer Channels
For Instruments that contain multiple microphone positions, a Sub-Mixer button will appear to the right of the mute, solo and FX buttons. Single microphone instrument do not display this button.
- Click on the Sub-Mixer button to reveal a channel strip for each available microphone position.
- Loaded microphones are illuminated in white, while unloaded instruments are gray.
- Click on the microphone name to load and unload an instrument.
The Microphone Array
The Microphone Array is located in the center of the Hollywood Choirs UI, and displays the microphone configurations used in each of the 5 Mixes.
Note: The Gold Edition of “Hollywood Choirs” included in this deal features the Main Microphone Mix ONLY, but you will be eligible to upgrade to the full Diamond version by simply visiting the Soundsonline site after purchase HERE.
The 13 microphones used in the recording of Hollywood Choirs is shown below, broken down into their respective microphone mix configurations:
- Spot – these microphones are numbered 1-4 in the Mix Array. They were placed in a row, in close proximity to the choir.
- Wide L/R – these outrigger microphones are numbered 5 and 9 in the Microphone Array, and were placed at the edges of the stage, capturing the most stereo width.
- Decca-Tree LCR – a configuration of 3 omnidirectional microphones, numbered 6-8 in the Microphone Array, placed center stage in a triangle formation.
- Mid – contains a Neumann Binural Dummy-Head and Josephson microphones at the audience perspective, numbered 10 and 11 in the Microphone Array.
- Far L/R – the microphones numbered 12 and 13 that are positioned in the far back corners on the left and right capture the most ambience of all the mics.
The FX Rack
The FX Rack contains EastWest’s Amp Simulator and Convolution Reverb, Ohm Force’s Ohmicide distortion plugin, and SSL’s suite of audio processing tools that includes:
- An EQ & Dynamics plug-in, consisting of: a Filter, an EQ, a Compressor / Noise Gate
- A Transient Shaper plug-in
- A Convolution Reverb plug-in (only available only on channel strips, not mic strips)
- A Stereo Compressor plug-in (only available only on channel strips, not mic strips)
So What Exactly Can I Do With “Hollywood Choirs”?
EastWest/Quantum Leap’s “Hollywood Choirs (Gold Edition)” is the very definition of that epic Hollywood choral sound! Featuring a blockbuster female and male choir with unprecedented dynamics, plus the ability to have them sing the words of your choosing with the revolutionary Wordbuilder, this library is well suited to the following music genres
- Cinematic Underscore
- Epic Trailer Tracks
- Video Games
Full of inspiring vocal performances, this library will instantly transform your next project into a cinematic masterpiece!
This library runs in EastWest’s PLAY 6 Software (earlier PLAY versions are NOT supported with this library).
"Hollywood Choirs (Gold Edition)" by EastWest/Quantum Leap
60% off "Hollywood Choirs (Gold Edition)" by EastWest/Quantum LeapDeal Expired
Normally €599 – get it at 60% off before it’s gone!
- 60% off the normal price (normally €599)!
- 8GB of Content (Gold Edition)
- 74 instruments divided into two main categories: Men’s and Women’s Choirs
- Featuring the revolutionary Wordbuilder – You type it, the Choir sings It!
- 13 Mic Positions in 5 microphone mix configurations – Spot, Wide L/R, Decca-Tree LCR, Mid, Far L/R#
- Note: The Gold Edition of “Hollywood Choirs” included in this deal features the Main Microphone Mix ONLY, but you will be eligible to upgrade to the full Diamond version by simply visiting the Soundsonline.com site after purchase HERE
- The FX Rack – EastWest’s Amp Simulator & Convolution Reverb, Ohm Force’s Ohmicide distortion plugin, and SSL’s suite of audio processing tools – Filter, EQ, Compressor/Noise Gate, Transient Shaper, Stereo Compressor
- MAC – Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.7GHz or higher
- Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- PC – Intel Core 2 Duo, or AMD Dual Core 2.7GHz or higher
- Windows 7 or later – Sound card with ASIO drivers
- 8GB RAM
- 7200 RPM or faster (non energy saving) hard drive for sample streaming
- Note: iLok account required for machine (electronic) license placed on your computer or use optional iLok Key; internet connection required for one-time product activation
- This library runs in EastWest’s PLAY 6 Software (earlier PLAY versions are NOT supported with this library).
- Perfect for Cinematic Underscore, Epic Trailer Tracks, TV & Video Games, this is a must have compositional tool for serious composers!
What People Think About 60% off “Hollywood Choirs (Gold Edition)” by EastWest/Quantum Leap
"Hollywood Choirs is evidently targeted at the professional composer market, and even the most cursory of explorations quickly reveals it to be an incredibly high-quality choral ‘construction’ tool. Hollywood Choirs is a knockout choral library for movie and game composers."
Music Industry Blog
"This is a very impressive sample collection. Right out of the box, with the most basic of exploration, it sounds like pure magic. If epic choirs is what you need, this is a highly impressive package which should almost certainly be up for consideration. 10/10"
Music Industry Blog
"I don’t think I’ve heard as lifelike and as flexible a sampled choir as EastWest Hollywood Choirs. EastWest Hollywood Choirs is an extremely well thought-out, brilliantly executed addition to the company’s line of orchestral tools. I recommend it highly and unreservedly."
Music Industry Blog
"Hollywood Choirs is beautifully recorded. It sounds crystal clear and pristine, but not cold and clinical and it is rather dry when you turn off the built in reverb, which allows the user more control, if less instant gratification. With the reverb on though, you get the instant gratification."
Music Industry Blog
"EastWest always sounds classy, genuine, professional and - as needed - very tender or cinematically large. The recordings are very warm and do not sound as if they've been edited to death. In addition, EastWest goes out of their way to make sure that their libraries, both dry and reverberant, sound great and are easy to embed in any production."
Music Industry Blog
“HWC features new men’s and women’s choirs, well recorded with an impressive dynamic range. WordBuilder version 2 has various improvements, the most significant and helpful being the ability to synchronise the text position in WordBuilder’s Text Editor to your DAW’s cursor position using the Sync/Draw learn facility.”
Sound On Sound
Music Industry Blog