60% off “Storm Choir 1” by Strezov Sampling
Storm Choir 1 is a 12-piece chamber choir comprising six men and six women from some of Bulgaria’s finest choirs, members of the Sofia Session Orchestra & Choir.
The goal was to capture the detail and intimacy that can be found in a smaller ensemble, while at the same time delivering a larger-than-life performance.Deal Expired
An EPIC, Earth Shaking, Huge Sounding Chamber Choir
Storm Choir 1 is a stunning 12 piece chamber choir from Bulgaria (6 men & 6 women) developed for Kontakt.
The goal with the library was to capture the detail and intimacy that can be found in a smaller ensemble, while at the same time delivering a larger-than-life performance. The singers were recorded in position (women on the left, men on the right) in a small hall in Sofia.
The subtle natural ambiance of the space brought the samples to life without compromising the tonal clarity. 4 mic positions were used to offer users full control of the spatial balance, all of which are included in the interface.
3.5GB of Massive Male & Female Vocals in 48kHz/24bit
When recording Storm Choir 1, the aim was to capture the FFF (as loud as can be performed) dynamic range exclusively.
Storm Choir 1 was not intended as a ‘be all end all’ choir library, but rather to target one area of choral performance, and do it really well…it is certainly done that!
The sounds available from the library are absolutely HUGE.
There are no soft or quiet vocals on offer here – only massive, pounding male and female Bulgarian vocals recorded with Bulgaria’s top opera singers.
The deal ends in:
4 Mic Positions, Marcatos & Staccatos & Five Syllables
Choose from a group of male or female singers (or combine both), marcato or staccato singing style, 5 different vocal syllables and 4 mic positions (Close, Decca, Outrigger and Balcony).
The Storm Choir 1 interface gives you a huge amount of control over the performance including:
- Stack: Double tracks the choir, emulating a larger ensemble.
- Tighten: Tightens the attacks via a Time Machine 2 speed ramp.
- Sequence Chant: Automates the choice of syllables. The chant sequence is identical in both men/women and marcatos/staccatos, allowing you to play them in conjunction. We also added a cyan keyswitch on F0 that lets you reset the chant sequence, allowing for more control over it
- Release: Turns on or off release samples.
- Sample Offset: Starts note at specific time into the sample, allowing you to create new vowels (e.g. “Rraw” becomes “Aah”).
- Syllable Selector: Syllables are controlled via red key switches. You can change the keyswitch by double-clicking it and editing the corresponding note, or simply click on a syllable.
- Mic Mixer: Consists of faders that control 4 mic position levels. Pan option for close mics.
- Purge buttons: The blue on/off buttons purge all samples from the corresponding microphone perspective, allowing you to save RAM from unneeded perspectives.
What Exactly Could I Use “Storm Choir 1” For?
Storm Choir 1 is absolutely perfect for anything that requires a huge, earth shattering choral sound. In particular its great at the following genres:
- Trailer music: You know exactly what we mean – those huge, epic tracks in films that have booming choirs in them.
- Orchestral music: Any orchestral music that requires some choir with FFF dynamics
- Video game scores: Plenty of “epic” video games have scores with huge choirs in them
- Film/ TV / Underscore: Writing some gothic, dramatic, dark, orchestral underscore? Storm Choir 1 is perfect
Bonus: Get an additional 40% off Storm Choir 2 if you purchase Storm Choir 1 on VSTBuzz!
Normally €184.99, now only €72.99 (60% off)
- Huge 60% off the normal price!
- Get an additional 40% off Storm Choir 2 if you purchase Storm Choir 1 on VSTBuzz!
- Perfect for trailer music, underscore, video game scores etc.
- Twelve (6 men, 6 women – recorded separately) of Sofia, Bulgaria’s top opera singers
- Four Mic Positions (Close, Decca, Outrigger and Balcony) built into an intuitive Mic Mixer
- Five Syllables to choose from
- Marcatos and Staccatos
- One (FFF) dynamic with mod wheel volume/lo-pass control
- Advanced scripting (attack tightening, performance double-tracking, sample offset for new syllable creation and more).
- Recorded in 48 kHz / 24 bit
- 7 GB Harddrive space (3.3GB for the zip and 3.4GB for the unzipped folder)
- Full version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or higher required – NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KONTAKT PLAYER