64% off “Nordisk Kontrabass” by Have Instruments
“Nordisk Kontrabass” is a unique upright bass instrument designed for film composers and music producers looking for fresh and original sounds.
Superbly performed by a top creative player, Nordisk Kontrabass is great both as a fat, real sounding upright bass and as a stand-alone compositional tool, capable of delivering beautiful and engaging string harmonies and textures, powerful rhythms and emotive melodies that will make your music stand out.Deal Expired
A Unique Upright Bass Instrument Designed For Cinematic Scoring!
With “Nordisk Kontrabass” you can choose between a wide range of acoustic and hybrid sounds, beautiful pizzicatos, harmonics, screaming bows and tons of unique melodic phrases to bring some of the most inspiring Scandinavian and European atmospheres into your compositions.
It is influenced by the styles of composers and musicians who redefined film scoring and contemporary music. Have Instruments’ references were Jóhann Jóhannsson, Hildur Guðnadóttir, Max Richter, Arvo Part and most minimalist music and contemporary European ECM-like improvised music.
The library features techniques and textures never sampled before for tons of color variations and articulations to set cinematic vibes in seconds!
The deal ends in:
Explore The Built-in Melodic & Textural Patches For Instant Inspiration!
Upfront Unconventional Unpredictable
As part of the “ENVISION” series, “Nordisk Kontrabass” is especially designed for modern film composers and musicians interested in unique sounds and textures for their musical productions. The aim is to envision “new” instruments (or new ways of playing traditional instruments, emphasizing colors and textures which are less known or exploited).
All instruments belonging to this series are hybrid in nature (combining the actual acoustic sounds with sound processing and sound design possibilities) and most of their techniques and articulations cannot be easily repeated by regular players, unless they are familiar with them.
Have Instruments’ goal is to create unique instruments and tools for unique composer and musicians.
In “Nordisk Kontrabass” all patches are organized into 2 modes:
You can click on the arrow on the right of the dropdown menu to access all the available patches.
Most patches are self-explanatory and intuitive, here’s some tips to get the best out of this particular patch.
- Blue Keys – these are the legato notes available for this technique. You can use those to compose melodies. The range is not the typical upright bass range since Whale Legato is more of a cello-like, exotic, dramatic technique, full of resonating harmonics.
- Green Keys – are pre-recorded melodic phrases. Although you can freely use the phrases in their entire length and include them as they are in your compositions, Have Instruments arranged and programmed them so that you can actually mix them, playing fragments from each one in real time and connect them to create new melodies.
- Host – by pressing this you will lock the phrase tempo to the tempo you’re using in your DAW project.
- Red Keys – are (always) key-switches. By pressing each one of them you’ll change the bank of the green keys, so that you will access to different sets of phrases. On all other patches they change the regular blue keys instead.
Have Instruments include the Legato Whales and its phrases in the same patches to allow you combine the 2 techniques. You can play a melody with the blue keys and then add a piece of phrase and so on. Just set your creativity free here. You’ll be surprised!
For more detailed information read the Manual HERE.
Mix, Warp, Ice, Reverse & Arpeggiate – Make A Sound That Is Uniquely Yours!
“Nordisk Kontrabass” features a full complement of additional tools and techniques designed to help you sculpt the provided sounds to your liking.
The instrument itself was recorded with a stereo microphone (MIC) and with a DI. You can switch on and off each one of the two options or mix and blend them together.
- MIC gives you the most natural, acoustic sound of the instrument.
- DI is not generally meant to be used as a standalone sound although creativity and personal tastes have no limits.
We’d suggest mixing them to find the perfect balance. DI is also a great option if you want to re-amp the instrument, adding punch or distortion or use it with your favorite amp simulator inside your DAW.
The reverse button triggers magic! It reverses all the samples and it is designed to reverse the sound design associated to each sound for a more cinematic effect. So, if you’re reversing a dry sound you need to be patient since the sound won’t be heard immediately.
Have Instruments recommend using the Reverse effect in association with ICE or the additional provided effects. Get prepared to join a trip into a magical, unpredictable sonic world. Experiment reversing phrases, one shot sounds (maybe percussive or low notes), and textures.
This is a very powerful device you can use to create arpeggios. If you’re looking for realistic arpeggios effects, you’ll get the best results with staccato samples but experiment with longer sounds and textures too if you’re looking for crazy, unusual effects or you want to dig into sound design.
You can decide how many steps you want by drawing their height/volume with a click of your mouse. Furthermore, you can change rate /subdivision and octave when the patch has enough range to let you do so. Choose between 4 arpeggio patterns in the dropdown menu.
Warp is a time-stretch control that allow you to change tempo both off time and in real-time. You can perform musical accelerando and ritardando on your phrases and textures in real time to achieve more realistic results.
It can also be particularly useful with the RISE and FALLS patches, in order to perfectly match your transition effects to your time grid or, once more, to create more dramatic, tension effects by accelerating and decelerating samples.
Experiment what happens by going all the way down to 20BPM or all the way up to 400BPM and listen how samples behave at those extremes. Some of them are totally destroyed and deconstructed by such a wide stretch and turn into drones-like soundscapes.
Have Instruments suggest embellishing them by adding effects to create interesting and evolving sound design.
Reverb & Delay
- Reverb – Choose between a selection of top quality Reverb Algorithms by type and size, then adjust the mix with the slider.
- Delay – Choose the desired Time Subdivision from the dropdown menu, then set the desired amount of Repetitions and Feedback using the sliders above. Finally choose the Mix amount.
As you may already know from other Kontakt instruments, by right-clicking on each control (knob or slide) you can learn the MIDI CC# automatically and control it through any keyboard controller fader available or by the mod wheel.
Just right click, select Learn MIDI CC# Automation and move the desired keyboard fader/knob etc. You can do this with any fader or knobs you see in the interface.
The Big Knob: ICE
Last but not least, the Mother of Dragons. 🙂 Add the desired amount of Ice and listen how your sound gets colder and mystical while enjoying a stunning 3D animation, turning water into ice.
For more detailed information read the Manual HERE.
The deal ends in:
So What Exactly Can I Do With “Nordisk Kontrabass”?
Superbly performed by a top creative player, “Nordisk Kontrabass” is a unique upright bass instrument designed for film composers and music producers looking for fresh and original sounds, including:
- Acoustic & Hybrid Sounds
- Beautiful Pizzicatos
- Screaming Bows
- Tons Of Unique Melodic Phrases
- String Harmonies & Textures
- Powerful Rhythms
Influenced by the styles of composers and musicians who redefined film scoring and contemporary music, this library offers tons of color variations and articulations to set cinematic vibes in seconds!
Note: Requires the Full Retail Version of KONTAKT 5.6.8+ (NOT compatible with Free Kontakt Player).
Note: Downloads will be provided via the Pulse Downloader Application only. NO manual links will be available!
"Nordisk Kontrabass" by Have Instruments
64% off "Nordisk Kontrabass" by Have InstrumentsDeal Expired
Normally €165 – get it at 64% off before it’s gone!
- 64% off the normal price (normally €165)!
- A Unique Upright Bass Instrument Designed For Cinematic Scoring!
- 9.7GB (approx 6.61GB compressed file), 15000+ samples.
- ARTICULATION AND PRESET LIST:
- Whales Legato and phrases
- Glissando Whales
- Harmony of Whales
- Harmony of Whales 2
- Double stops pizzicato
- Thumb choked pizzicato
- Weird pizzicato
- Natural harmonics
- Dirty tremolo
- Twisted pizzicato textures
- Wood body percussions
- Bow textures
- Low Engines
- Unusual Textures
- Rises, Falls
- Pizzicato drone 1
- Pizzicato drone 2
- Pizzicato drone 3
- MIC OPTIONS – Stereo MIC, DI, Mix MIC/DI
- BUILT-IN EFFECTS AND CONTROLLERS – Arpeggiator, Selection of 9 top class Reverbs, Ice Effect, Delay, Reverse, Warp (realtime controllable Time Stretch), Legato Speed
- Note: Requires the FULL Retail Version of KONTAKT 5.6.8+ (NOT compatible with Free Kontakt Player).
- Note: Downloads will be provided via the Pulse Downloader Application only. NO manual links will be available!
- This library offers tons of color variations and articulations to set cinematic vibes in seconds!
What People Think About 64% off “Nordisk Kontrabass” by Have Instruments
"I’m always on the lookout for unique and unusual string libraries and Nordisk Kontrabass fits the bill perfectly."
Film & TV Composer
"Nordisk Kontrabass is one of those libraries that stands out as something new. Something exciting and fresh to integrate with your more standard orchestral libraries."
Film & TV Composer (Ice Road Rescue, Haunted, Tainted, Thale)
"It’s much more than a Bass Library. The GUI is easy to navigate and it sounds absolutely gorgeous."
Film Composer (Wired Shut, Exposure, Bermuda City and music department in The Theory of Everything).