67% off “Flying Hand Percussion” by Handheld Sound
“Flying Hand Percussion“ is an award winning 10GB sample library featuring 18 hand percussion instruments from Africa, Asia, South America and Europe.
It’s jam-packed with a range of playing techniques, articulations, mic positions and features making it perfect for composing and playing live in every musical genre!Deal Expired
A Huge 10GB Hand Percussion Instrument Sample Library!
“Flying Hand Percussion” from Handheld Sound is an award winning sample library for Kontakt featuring 18 percussion instruments (plus additional morphed and synthesized content) sampled at a stunning 24bit/44.1kHz resolution.
Using almost 40,000 samples, the library features instruments from Africa, Asia, South America and Europe with up to 20 dynamic layers per note, 4 round robins, up to 3 mic positions and over 50dB of dynamic range.
FHP sounds incredible, is easy to use and perfect for Cinematic Underscore, Ethnic, Cuban and Production music!
The deal ends in:
18 Instruments From Africa, Asia, South American & Europe!
The following instruments were recorded using up to 3 mic positions with multiple articulations and playing styles:
- Anklungs – Asian Bamboo rattlers (4 sizes)
- Ashiko – 14″ Maple Ashiko Drum
- Gran Casa – An Orchestral Bass Drum, suspended and played with hands
- Bells – A variety of Bell-like instruments
- Bongo Cajon – Bongo Cajon with Mahogany heads
- Boomwhackers ® – ‘D’ and ‘G’ Boomwhackers
- Claves – The earthy ‘Piru’ claves
- Clay Drum – Custom made Clay Drum like an Udu
- Congas – A hi-end set of Congas
- Cowbell – 3 different types of cowbells
- Djembe – 16” Djembe
- Frame Drums – 16” and 22” Frame Drums
- Kanjira – Indian Kanjira Hand Drum
- Timbales – 14” and 16” hi-end Timbales
- Triangles – Orchestra Brass Triangle and the one-of-a-kind Trine Instrument
- Naal – Custom made Indian Naal Drum. Its tone resembles a Tabla
- Plastic Bottle – 5 Gallon Plastic jug
- Shakers – Assorted including Plastic, Wood & Bamboo
Also included in FHP are:
- Morphosis – Electro Acoustic Drums synthesized from real objects’ resonances
- Mutants – Cinematic Sound fx, re-pitched instruments and Virtual ensembles
Boatloads Of Articulations, Techniques & Playing Styles
“Flying Hand Percussion“ was recorded using multiple microphones (up to 3 to choose from on each instrument) with a large selection of articulations including:
- Palm Hits
Multiple instrument zones were recorded (eg. Center, Edge etc.) and traditional Indian playing styles are also included.
Left and Right hand samples are mapped symmetrically (with unique samples for each hand), meaning all instruments sound and respond as if playing a real one – plus it’s simple to learn to play them!
Legato Drumming™ & Special Features
One of the most innovative features of FHP is its Legato Drumming™ Engine which adds real time gestural hand sounds when moving between drums zones (eg. from the center to the edge of a drum), creating an incredible life-like performance.
The newly updated Legato Drumming™ Engine now also includes auto nuance and gesture control including temporary dynamic muting (when playing polyphonically) creating an even more natural sound and realistic sound.
FHP’s interface offers quick access to control over Legato, Cutoff, Resonance, Release and Panning options as well as a large microphone mixing panel allowing you to blend between up to 3 microphone options (Close, Room and Bass Enhancer). Also included are a selection of custom impulse responses to use.
As well as organic instruments, FHP includes the Morphosis menu, which blends processed acoustic sounds with electronics to produce some obviously unnatural effects – perfect for film or TV work and the Mutants menu which are a selection of cinematic sound FX, re-pitched instruments and virtual ensembles.
The deal ends in:
What Exactly Can I Use Flying Hand Percussion For?
Thanks to the huge range of instruments, features and functionality included in FHP, it’s perfect for composing music or even playing live in the following genres:
- Cuban Music
- African Music
- Ethnic Music
- Corporate/Production Music
Thanks to its Legato Drumming™ Engine and simple, easy-to-use, symmetrically mapped layout, the library makes playing percussion as easy as pie!
Note: Requires the FULL Retail version of Kontakt 4 or higher (Does NOT work with the free Kontakt Player)
Note: Product is downloaded instantly via the Pulse downloader!
"Flying Hand Percussion" by Handheld Sound
67% off "Flying Hand Percussion" by Handheld SoundDeal Expired
Normally €148 – get it at 67% off before it’s gone!
- 67% off the normal price (normally €148)!
- 10GB download with 40,000 individual samples, up to 20 dynamic layers per note, 4x Round robin. Up to 3 mic positions. Over 50dB of dynamic range.
- Totally noiseless with no artifacts!
- Instruments – Anklungs, Ashiko, Gran Casa, Bells, Bongo Cajon, Boomwhackers ®, Claves, Clay Drum, Congas, Cowbell, Djembe, Frame Drums, Kanjira, Timbales, Triangles, Naal, Plastic Bottle, Shakers
- Additional Morphosis – Electro Acoustic Drums synthesized from real objects’ resonances & Mutants – Cinematic Sound fx, re-pitched instruments and Virtual ensembles
- Meticulous collection of articulations / extended techniques / Left-Right hand samples / multiple playing zones, and combination strokes
- Legato Drumming™ – realtime replication of live performance and instrument control
- Innovative, consistent, and logical mapping
- Optimized for studio production and LIVE triggering
- Custom Reverb impulses included
- Winner 2008 Electronic Musician “Editors Choice Award” – Best Sound Library
- This is version 1.5 which includes updated content
- FULL version of Kontakt 4 or higher is required (Does not work with the free Kontakt Player)
- Note: Product is downloaded instantly via the Pulse downloader!
- Perfect for Cinematic Underscore, Ethnic, Cuban and Production music!
What People Think About 67% off “Flying Hand Percussion” by Handheld Sound
"The overall sound quality is as good as anything I’ve heard and then some. It’s clear that a lot of effort went into Flying Hand Percussion and the results are impressive.
I know of no other percussion library with as much articulation control. While the underlying functionality is complex, playing the sounds in a realistic way is as easy as, well, playing a drum. I also like having a choice of mic position and ambience.
Flying Hand Percussion is the one to reach for when looking for a unique sound. In a sea of imitators, Flying Hand Percussion is a rare gem."
"I have used many samples and libraries in my day and there are only a few that I would describe as "go to." After working with and hearing Flying Hand Percussion I have a new go to percussion library. It's so realistic and seemless you'd never know it wasn't a live player!...If you're serious about sampling, composing, producing, or whatever else you have to have this!"
"The product aims to make the experience of playing sampled percussion instruments as realistic as possible, and it succeeds. The developer's incredible attention to detail, the multiple options, and, of course, the great-sounding samples make this a must-have library."