Paraphonic Strings, Synthesizer & Bass Synth In One Unique Plugin!
It’s a String Machine, It’s a Synthesizer, It’s a Bass Synth. And it can be all three simultaneously, which is why the original unit was advertised as ‘The Analog Orchestra!”
The X-505 offers all the layering and tweaking possibilities of its glorious ancestor, including its precious balance between the Strings registers, and precise balance for all the inputs of the quadruple (yes 4!) BBD Chorus unit.
XILs Lab have even added a Vintage Analog Human Choir Machine (as an alternative oscillator source for the Synthesizer section) and made it possible to access numerous hidden parameters of the vintage String Machine model.
72% off “X 505” by XILS-lab
Inside The X-505 Synthesiser
The main panel offers the same familiar settings as the original unit. It is always visible. Click the rocker switches to activate/deactivate oscillators for each of the three sections. Use the ADSR to control the VCA and VCF of the Synthesizer section, where you can switch between human voices and the standard oscillator.
The SECOND TOUCH toggle was one of the secret weapons of this string machine! When engaged, you can retrigger the monophonic ADSR envelope, allowing one of the specific play modes these vintage units offered, and which was impossible to recreate with later polyphonic synthesizers.
The upper panel is tabbed, giving you access to additional parameters, that were not exposed in the original machines, as well as new effects (Phaser, Reverb, True Stereo Space etc.)
The Mixer panel offers you the possibility to finely tune the internal sound generators. From the relative level of the Male 8 and Male/Female 4 Human Voices, to the Ensemble dry/wet, you can also tweak the voices formants, the T.O.D waveform, as well as the Strings filter shape. You can also select a Polyphonic attack for the strings, which wasn’t possible on the original unit.
The Release, on the original machine, was reset with each new note played. This can be a very musical feature, for long release times, so that it doesn’t blur previously played chords. In some cases, you might prefer standard release behaviour, which can be selected by using the “Legacy” white rocker switch.
A built-in Arpeggiator is also provided, with a special feature to play “broken” arpeggios, providing more complex patterns.
The Bass panel allows you to adjust the width of the Bass 8′ waveform as well as the various filters available to customise the Tuba, Contra Bass and Cello sounds.
The XILS 505 provides three built-in effects; XILS-lab’s usual True Stereo Space effect (based on the XILS-lab True Stereo Dynamic Engine), a simple but efficient Reverb and an analog-like resonant Phaser.
The X-505 provides a smart Modulation Matrix (over 14 sources and 24 destinations), an additional monophonic LFO and a secondary polyphonic envelope that can be used as modulation sources.
THE PRESET MANAGER Panel
The X-505 benefits of the same advanced Preset Manager window developed by XILS-lab for its other instruments. Find the right preset in seconds, create your own tags, multi-criteria search: Everything is possible, fast and intuitive!
For more in-depth information read the User Manual HERE
72% off “X 505” by XILS-lab
So What Can I Do With “X-505”?
The XILS 505 is a String Machine, It’s a Synthesizer, It’s a Bass Synth. And it can be all three simultaneously, which is why the original unit was advertised as ‘The Analog Orchestra!”
This instrument will take you back to a time when sound was so important for the great artists who pioneered the early electronic music scene.
Note: The X-505 is a plug-in and is not available as a standalone application
Note: Protected by iLok (PACE Antipiracy) with two independent locations per licenses (including the soft-location without any hardware device).
Note: Please be aware you will be required to visit an external website in order to create an account, redeem and download your product. We do not host the download at VSTBuzz.
Normally €179 – get it at 72% off before it’s gone!
- 72% off the normal price (normally €179)!
- Oscillator: The mother of all sources! One faithfully emulated, aliasing free, TOD (Top Octave Divider) Oscillator providing up to 49 voices of polyphony
- A String Section, with it’s own filter, Waveform mangling, AR settings,
- A Synthesiser Section with dedicated ADSR, 24db Analog Filter with envelope and LFO modulations, various sound sources (Rocker switches) and the Second Touch special retrigger feature.
- A Human Voice Section with custom formant and balance settings.
- A Bass Section with three cumulative waveforms. Each waveform can be filtered in the BASS panel.
- One Main LFO to control the Vibrato. And another LFO freely assignable in the Modulation Matrix
- Several Envelope Parameters for each section. A global ADSR for the Synth Section. And still another DADSR envelope assignable in the Modulation Matrix
- A thick sounding quadruple BBD Chorus/Ensemble unit. ( Each section has it’s own send level)
- A raw Analog Phaser effect. A Vintage Natural sounding reverb. A True Stereo Space effect.
- A Modulation Matrix, with 6 nodes addressing 14 sources and 24 destinations with access to many secret hardware parameters.
- A special Glide Section
- And finally, all parameters can be controlled via MIDI CC in your Daw (or Live)
- Mac OSX 10.8 and later (64-bits only): VST2.4, VST3, Audio Unit, AAX (native)
- Windows 7,8,10 (32&64 bits): VST2.4,VST3, AAX (native)
- Minimum system requirements: 1GB RAM and a 2GHz processor.
- Note: Protected by iLok (PACE Antipiracy) with two independent locations per licenses (including the soft-location without any hardware device).
- Note: The XILS X-505 is a plug-in and is not available as a standalone application
- Note: Please be aware you will be required to visit an external website in order to create an account, redeem and download your product. We do not host the download at VSTBuzz.
- Go back to the golden years of artists such as Keith Emerson, Gary Numan, Herbie Hancock, Kraftwerk….
What People Think About 72% off “X 505” by XILS-lab
"If you are after the classic late-70s Roland string and vocal sounds and you don't need a vocoder, X505 comes very close and then adds considerably more"
Sound On Sound
Music Industry Blog