77% off “PRS Supermodels” by Waves
Created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith, the Waves “PRS SuperModels” plugin superbly models three high-end PRS guitar amps: the coveted PRS Archon, the legendary PRS Dallas, and the ultra-rare PRS Blue Sierra/V9.
With three boutique amplifiers to choose from, PRS SuperModels places countless tone options at your fingertips. Whether you are playing rock, jazz, country, metal, blues or any other genre, this exquisite amp plugin suite will cover all your guitar-playing needs!Deal Expired
Superbly Authentic Modeling of 3 Top-of-the-line PRS Amplifiers!
Easy to use, with remarkable tones right out of the box, these models authentically replicate every component of these three exquisite amplifiers:
- The coveted PRS Archon
- The legendary PRS Dallas
- The ultra-rare PRS Blue Sierra/V9
From tubes to circuitry, every detail was painstakingly modeled part by part, using Waves’ Precision Analog Component technology, with Paul Reed Smith himself supplying Waves with the original amplifiers and the full schematics!
The deal ends in:
3 Exquisite Boutique Amps – Countless Tone Options At Your Fingertips!
The three boutique PRS amps provided each come with their own unique sound and musical application possibilities.
This amp delivers shimmering cleans or aggressive overdrive; push it harder and you get glorious distortion.
With its lush gain, the Archon is ideal for lead or crunching rhythm, while also offering a clean channel that players of all genres will appreciate.
PRS Blue Sierra/V9
Never-before-released even in its hardware form, this ultra-rare amp was an early original format for the PRS J-MOD 100.
Evocative of boutique American guitar amps, it is equally great for clean sounds and for medium-gain overdrive tones.
No matter the setting, you’ll find it easy to get a big 3D sound and hard to get a bad one.
This amp provides the sounds of classic American reverb amps. The all-tube design produces an open classic tone for huge-sounding cleans, or multiple variations of overdriven sound with natural-sounding reverb.
Originally designed by chief PRS amp designer Doug Sewell, this highly musical amp offers sweet highs, solid lows and beautiful mid-range tones.
The interface is divided into three modules: Input/Output, Cabinets, and Amplifier. The Input/Output and Amplifier modules vary slightly, depending on the selected amp. The Cabinets module is the same for all amps.
- Amplifier module – Modeled after the three original PRS tube amplifiers.
- Cabinets module – Use this module to preview, select, and control cabinet IRs. Cabinets – can be mixed together and exported.
- Input and Output module – Used primarily to select cabinet IRs. It also manages input and output levels and the “air” (space) within the cabinet.
There are six PRS SuperModels components: two for each amp.
- mono input/mono output
- mono input with a stereo output
PRS SuperModels can be used either as a plugin in most popular hosts or as a standalone device. It requires ASIO drivers for Windows or Core Audio for Mac OS X. The application is located in the Waves Applications folder.
Read more in-depth details on all of these subjects in the Manual HERE.
Take Complete Control Of Your Sound!
Different speakers and speaker cabinets produce different sounds, and PRS SuperModels gives you complete control over every single aspect of this critical part of your guitar sound.
The speaker cabinet strongly influences the texture of an amp’s sound. PRS SuperModels cabinets are precise acoustic reproductions of the PRS hardware originals, so they treat the amp’s sound just like the hardware does.
This accuracy is achieved by creating an impulse response (IR) of the space within a specific cabinet. When the original signal passes through the IR, it is convolved (literally, “rolled together”) with the IR, and it takes on the precise acoustic characteristics of the cabinet.
PRS SuperModels lets you choose from 8 different speaker cabinet IRs (audio snapshots of speaker cabinets), captured by Paul Reed Smith at his personal home studio using his proven microphones and mic preamps.
As a bonus you can add any of your favorite third-party IRs – up to two simultaneously.
The plugin’s innovative Phase Fix and Time Fix controls will automatically correct any phase or latency issues between the different IRs.
The Smart Mix control will balance the perceived volume of IRs when you use two cabinets. An IR browser will automatically load and switch the IR, leaving you free for playing.
Each amp boasts three more helpful features not included in the original hardware amps:
- A tone-shaping boost for when you need that vital extra push that normally comes from a boost pedal.
- A digital tuner for both standard and extended-range guitars.
- A smart noise gate that senses at the input and gates at the output.
With three boutique amplifiers to choose from, PRS SuperModels places countless tone options at your fingertips.
Whether you are playing rock, jazz, country, metal, blues or any other genre, this exquisite amp plugin suite will cover all your guitar-playing needs!
Note on direct guitar recording and playing:
The Waves PRS SuperModels plugin authentically replicates every component of the original PRS Guitar’s hardware amps.
As with all guitar amps, the impedance of the incoming signal affects the amp’s tone. To make sure you get the right tone, it is important that you use a buffered pedal in your signal chain, otherwise your tone might sound dark and wooly.
You should not have a problem finding a suitable pedal in your home or studio – for example, any tuner pedal will do the job.
In more technical terms, we recommend that you play through a high-z instrument input (1M ohm or higher) and a buffered output (10k ohm) between the guitar and your audio interface input.
Read more in-depth details on all of these subjects in the Manual HERE.
The deal ends in:
So What Exactly Can I Do With “PRS SuperModels”?
The Waves “PRS SuperModels” plugin superbly models three high-end PRS guitar amps, each with their own unique sound and musical application possibilities. The variety of musical tones and play styles available to you with these amps in your arsenal is vast and includes:
… and much more!
This exquisite amp plugin suite will cover all your guitar-playing needs!
Note: This plugin requires an internet connection for license activation.
Normally €115 – get it at 77% off before it’s gone!
- 77% off the normal price (normally €115)!
- Superb modeling of 3 top-of-the-line PRS amplifiers: Archon, Dallas, Blue Sierra/V9
- Created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith himself!
- Artist presets by Devin Townsend, Megadeth producer Chris Rakestraw and more!
- 8 speaker cabinet IRs with automatic IR browser
- Add any third-party speaker cabinet IRs (up to two simultaneously)
- Smart Mix, Phase Fix & Time Fix controls for perfectly matching any two cabinets
- Exceptional integrated noise gate to filter out amp noise and hiss
- Auto-gain control for maximum performance
- Unique tone-shaping boost not featured in the hardware amps
- Digital tuner sensitive to standard & extended-range guitars
- Use as a plugin in your DAW or as a standalone application
- Designed for studio, home and live playing (with laptop and audio interface)
- SoundGrid-compatible for ultra-low-latency performance
- Mac OS 10.11.6 – 10.14
- CPU -Intel Core i5 / i7 / Xeon
- USB displays are not supported as the primary display.
- Support for Visually Impaired Users – Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4, VoiceOver Utility enabled, Pro Tools 12.7, Logic 10.3.1
- PC – Windows 7 with SP1, 8, 10 64-bit
- Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core
- 8 GB RAM
- 8 GB free disk space on the system drive
- Screen Resolution – Minimum: 1024×768 Recommended: 1280×1024 / 1600×1024
- Note: This plugin requires an active internet connection for license activation.
- Perfect for Rock, Jazz, Country, Metal, Blues or any other genre!
What People Think About 77% off “PRS Supermodels” by Waves
“The PRS SuperModels have exceeded my expectations of what a direct recording solution can provide. The hardest thing to typically get out of a guitar amp simulation are the clean sounds – and straight out of the gate, these have great cleans. This represents a real shift from a sound being useful to a sound being inspiring. It’s also obvious a lot of time was spent on the actual feel of the amps – I'm thrilled to say that Waves and Paul Reed Smith got it really right.”
Devin Townsend - Guitarist, Composer, Producer, Recording & Mixing Engineer
The Devin Townsend Project
“Sometimes, with software plugins, the sound of the guitar gets buried. This one does a great job: it sounds really natural. It has the dynamics of a real amp so you really hear the nuances of the guitar, and I like that you are able to get feedback, which is a rare thing with plugins!”
Alex Skolnick - Guitarist, Musician
Testament, Alex Skolnick Trio
“These are excellent amps with an incredibly vast array of tones for me to write, track, record and just jam. Archon has an insane amount of gain, but you can also get big fat warm jazz tones out of it. Dallas has great vintage tones that are quite unbelievable. And Blue Sierra/V9 has a great rock tone, an inspiring clean sound – and I’m even able to create some weirdness with it, which I totally love!”
Dave Martone - Guitarist, Engineer, Producer, Author
Nickelback, Jet Black Stare, “Shredding the Blues” , “Serious Shred Advanced Scales”
“PRS SuperModels are very colorful, sophisticated and hyper-realistic – a must for all guitar-wielding producers.”
Mark Ralph - Producer, Songwriter, Mixing Engineer
Clean Bandit, Years & Years, Jax Jones, TIEKS
“The PRS amps are very cool. Each of the three amps has its own unique character and the combinations are endless. I know I’ll be using them as my top amp plugin choice.”
Harvey Mandel - Guitarist
Rolling Stones, Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters
“The Supermodels plugins are a great sounding and easy to use suite of plugins that every recording guitar player would benefit from owning. Compared to the eye-watering price of owning the real amps (that’s assuming you can even get hold of them!), they’re a no-brainer for the price, especially if you can pick them up in one of Waves’s legendary sales.”
Interactive Guitar Magazine
Music Industry Blog