Over 3.4GB of Shaken Hand Percussion in Multiple Formats
Shimmer & Shake is a huge a collection of shaken hand percussion samples, loops and patches for Kontakt, REX, Stylus RMX, ACID wav and Apple Loops.
It comes in multiple formats so everyone can use it:
- Kontakt library with 118 patches – 1 GB consisting of 68 multi-sample patches and 50 loop patches in 44.1kHz / 24bit stereo
- 2350 loops in the REX, Stylus RMX, ACID wav and Apple Loop formats – 3.4 GB for each format in 44.1kHz / 24bit stereo
This means it can be used in Kontakt, Stylus RMX, Reason and most major sequencers like Cubase, Live, Sonar, Digital Performer, ProTools, Logic etc.
1GB Kontakt Library with 118 Patches from 25 Shakers
The Kontakt library for Shimmer & Shake comes with 118 patches, each named conventionally to help find the right sound quickly (“natural”, “plastic”, “metal”, etc.):
- 25 loop patches in 4/4 time
- 25 loop patches in non 4/4 time
- 26 solo instrument patches (standard shakes, accents, hand hits, looped sustain rolls, and slow/fast crescendo rolls)
- 26 “Duo” patches – 1 for each instrument (2 for the cabasa: 1 shake and 1 twist)
- 16 additional “Duo” patches which mix multiple different instruments
The “Duo” patches in the library take each of the 25 shaker types and doubles them, panning one to the left and one to the right, resulting in a beautifully symmetrical stereo shaker sound. The additional 16 “Duo” patches combine two different-yet-complimentary shaker types into one patch in a similar way.
The Kontakt interface includes an innovative “Tight” control that defines how ‘on the beat’ each hit feels, by adjusting its onset speed. “Tighten” up performances with a twist of a knob to prevent mixes from being overtaken by unrealistic and “slushy” sounding parts.
78% off Shimmer & Shake by Nine Volt Audio
2350 Loops for REX, Stylus RMX, ACID Wav & Apple Loops
The loop portion of Shimmer & Shake presents each of the 25 instruments with 89 different rhythms (2225 loops) covering 4/4, 3/4, 7/8 and 5/4 time signatures. Individual hits and rolls for each are offered for endings and breaks.
Additionally, the loops are highly organized and rhythmically consistent from suite to suite making it extremely easy to audition different sounds while keeping the same rhythm.
And as part of the BPM Flex Series™ every loop can be used at virtually any tempo with no artificial stretching!
Ease-of-use, consistency, organization and professional grade sounds, rhythms and programming make Shimmer & Shake a resource that you will use time-and-time again.
What Would I Use Shimmer & Shake For?
If you use shaken hand percussion samples or loops then you’ve got two problems:
1. There is a small and over used group of sounds you rely on every time you need a shaker.
2. You go to the same selection of samples and loops because all your other shaker sounds are inconsistently edited, ill-timed, have little-to-no tempo flexibility, are missing articulations, don’t come close to sounding real when programmed, or some combination of these.
Shimmer & Shake solves this problem! Its great for every style of music that needs hand shaken percussion!
Normally €89.99 – get it at 78% before its gone!
- 25 hand shaken percussion instruments recorded including cabasa, vintage tambourine, modern tambourine, brass tambourine, sistrum, maracas hi, maracas low, caxixi, shekere, egg shaker, beer can shaker, “Bali-Pong” shaker, rain stick (played as a shaker), finger drum shaker, goat toes, sand shaker, rock shaker, pill bottle shaker, Shakerine front, Shakerine side, sleigh bells, shell shaker, Spin Spark hi, Spin Spark low and Vari-Tone.
- Kontakt library PLUS standalone loops included
- Kontakt library is 1GB and uses over 4900 unique samples
- Each other file format is 3.4GB each
- All loop folders and patch names further identify the sound characteristic to help find the right sound quickly (“natural”, “plastic”, “jingle”, “metal”, “sand”, etc.).
- 2350 loops in the REX, Stylus RMX, ACID wav and Apple Loop formats.
- All loops and samples are in 44.1kHz/24bit resolution
- If using the Kontakt library version, full version of Kontakt 5.3 or higher is required (Does not work with Kontakt Player)
What People Think About 78% off Shimmer & Shake by Nine Volt Audio
"...In short, Nine Volt Audio have scored another absolute bullseye, and at a price that makes it a complete no-brainer purchase for practically anyone making their own music or mixing/producing for others. Bravo! Rating: 5/5." A Sound on Sound 2011 Award Nominee.
Sound on Sound
“...an extensive collection of 2,350 loops and nearly 5,000 individual hand-held percussion samples…This is another highly flexible and well thought-out library from Nine Volt Audio that provides all the shaker sounds you’ll ever need. Rating: 9/10 and “Innovation” Award”
Music Tech Magazine
“…In each category are various loops and articulations. We feel it's heavily enhanced by the multisampled sections, which have all been beautifully programmed. Every sound has been captured in 24-bit stereo, which already sets this release apart from many other percussion titles. It sounds wide, with a smooth, 'expensive' top end. Rating: 9/10”
Computer Music Magazine