Stunning Multi-Sampled Glass Marimba for Kontakt
In Brazil, the glass marimba was popularized by Brazilian instrumental group UAKTI.
Its members have built hundreds of percussion instruments, among them the glass marimba to a greater extent.
Two types of mallets were used when recording the library, diversifying the textures and tones of the marimba. The library also contains chords, motifs and grooves as well as the single notes of the instrument, meaning its incredibly flexible.
Single Notes, Motifs, Chord Progressions, Ostinatos & Arpeggios
Two kinds of sticks (mallets) were used when recording this library. The first has a velvety sound and a smooth attack, while the second brings a brighter sound with more presence.
There are no artificially extended samples – each note has 8 velocities and all of them were separately sampled for more tone and performance.
The sampled glass marimba was created by the Luthier Warley Dyorman. Keeping the same pattern of creation made by Uakti, the marimba has a slightly larger key range, extending from E2 to the F#5.
The Grand Glass Marimba
6 Kontakt Patches with 8 Velocity Layers (0.5GB)
The Grand Glass Marimba is made up of 6 Kontakt instruments:
- Blue Stick Close
- Blue Stick Room Overheads
- Yellow Stick Close
- Rhythmic and Fx
- Chord Progressions, Motifs & Ostinatos
- Arpeggios instrument.
The instruments are created from 1243 samples recorded at 44.1Khz/24Bit stereo. The instruments notes have 8 velocities each.
The three stick instruments have an extension from a normal marimba going from E2 to the F#5.
Technical Specifications and Requirements
- Full version of Kontakt 5.3 or higher required
- Huge 0.5GB of content
- 6 Kontakt patches including Blue Stick Close, Blue Stick Room Overheads & Yellow Stick Close, Rhythmic and Fx, Chord Progressions & Motifs & Ostinatos and an Arpeggios instrument.
- 1243 samples recorded at 44.1Khz/24Bit stereo
- 8 velocity layers per note
- Completely royalty free and can be used for anything (music, sound design etc.)
Please note this product is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.
Why its awesome:
- Multi-sampled hits, but also includes additional Chord Progressions, Motifs, Ostinatos & Arpeggios
- Sampled in stunning 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo
- Perfect for Brazillian music, but also gorgeous ambient and underscore music
- Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.3 or later required
- MAC 2.0Ghz, 2GB ram / PC 2.0Ghz+, 2GB ram
- 0.5GB of hard drive space required