50% off “B-5 Organ” by Acoustic Samples (VST/AU/AAX)
The “B-5 Organ” by Acoustic Samples is based on a classic 1950’s Hammond B-3 Organ as played by legendary keyboardists such as Jimmy Smith, Keith Emerson and Booker T. Jones.
With it’s incredible attention to detail, including keyboard, speaker, buttons and knobs acoustic sounds you’ll feel like you’re actually sitting in front of the real thing, making it perfect for many styles of music including folk, pop, rock, jazz, instrumental, and much more!Deal Expired
The Classic Sound of a 50’s Vintage Hammond Organ.
The Hammond Organs are very complex beasts, full of wires. Until now, the best renditions were via synthesis, mainly because of how the organ works which is a set of 91 frequencies that are connected via contactors under each key and which volume is controlled by the drawbars, but Acoustic Samples found a way to recreate that classic sound in samples without the usual problem of ‘sample stacking’ phase-cancellation artifacts typically associated with sample-based virtual organs.
Using the free UVI Workstation 2 (included) The “B-5 Organ” by weighs in at 560Mb and around 1200 samples and all the crucial elements of a Hammond are reproduced:
- Upper and lower manuals
- Key clicks
- Scanner chorus/vibrato
- Tube distortion
- Rotary effect and more.
All of these details allows you to easily reproduce the sound of playing a classic B-5 Organ.
The deal ends in:
Sample Based Synthesis For Unparalleled Realism!
Acoustic Samples sampled each of the 91 tones and then measured and meticulously reproduced everything, the key contacts, the resistance wires, the foldback, the drawbars, the swell pedal, the percussion, and every button available on the original machine.
Here is a list of features that you will find in the main interface:
- The Drawbars – The upper and lower manuals each have a set of 9 drawbars and the bass has 3 drawbars. Of course, since the system is based on tone generators, the drawbars can be moved in real time.
- The Percussions – Just like on a real organ, the percussion system works only for the upper manual and will disable one drawbar from it.
- The Scanner Vibrato – Just like on the real machine, you can activate for the vibrato for the upper and lower manuals independently.
- Volume Control – Acoustic Samples measured and replicated the evolution of the swell pedal as well as the percussion volume and of the “normal” and “soft” volume. We also added a general volume button in case the sound gets too loud and saturates too much.
- Presets – You can select a drawbar preset for each manual and browse through them by clicking the prev or next button while you play.
- Rotating Speaker Speed – Regular rotary speakers have a slow and a fast rotation speed (respectively called Chorale and Tremolo), it is common to add a brake position as well. This function is accessible from the interface but also by using the Modulation Wheel.
- The FX – Included is a reverb knob based on the incredible UVI Sparkverb. There is also a tube distortion setting to imitate the behaviour of the rotary speaker when you increase the input volume.
Rotary Speakers And An Advanced Percussion System
Rotary Speaker Simulation
An organ without a rotary speaker isn’t an organ. Acoustic Samples provided UVI with very detailed measurements and they created an incredible physical model.
On top of that, the included impulse responses help to further put the instrument in a real life environment. You can also decide which miking technique you want to use, mono or stereo both for the drum and the horn to make it fit properly in your mix.
Acoustic Samples have even added extra amplifier simulations to extend the B-5 Organ’s sound capabilities.
Advanced Percussion System
The percussion on an organ is not just an addition of samples, it is a general volume decay envelope triggered by the first note you play and that is not restarted until you release all keys.
This has been recreated meticulously, so much so that you can hear a percussion sound when you turn it on or change from second to third.
You can even customise the time, volume and frequency used and make it sound like “Paradise” (a nod to legendary Hammond B-3 player Jimmy Smith).
The deal ends in:
Every Detail of the Original B-3 Sound, Lovingly Reproduced
Real Key Contact Modeling
9 contacts are made one after another under each key and each of them produce a small click, making this the only influence of the velocity and resulting in a different click sound each time you press a key.
Mr Hammond hated them, but a Hammond organ would not be one without them, and even better, you can control its volume.
Every organ player likes to tweak his instrument, so every modification that organists can do is available here.
From the adjustment of the drawbar volumes with resistance wires to the proximity of the pickups to the tonewheels or all of the known percussion modifications, you can tweak the B-5 like you would a real one.
A Classic with a Modern Twist – Presets and MIDI CC Control
There are around 200 drawbar presets that you can load, save, delete or assign to the preset keys (upper and lower), and these include the most used Jazz, Gospel and classical presets.
You can browse through them quickly and while you play to find the perfect sound for your compositions.
We also made it so that you can save and reload all of the effects, and settings directly to a file without reloading the whole library.
The preset keys can be customised and will allow you to easily change drawbar settings while playing.
The drawbars, the pedal, and all of the percussion knobs are easily assignable in the CC assignment page.
The drawbars movement can even be inverted.
Any element of the interface is assignable to a MIDI controller using MIDI learn.
The deal ends in:
From Jazz & Blues to Rock & Pop, The Same Goal… Realism
Vintage organs are used for Jazz, Blues and Gospel for which they usually use a rotary speaker, but for Rock and Pop music, regular amps are used.
Acoustic Samples added several amp models that you can pair with the spring reverb, the vibratos and the saturation so that you can get the vintage rock sound very easily.
By selecting the cabinet menu, you get access to more than 10 cabinet simulations in both mono or stereo. This selection includes many models:
- A twin reverb
- A Rhodes amp
- A Mesa Boogie
- A Bassman
- A Gibson
- Also a mix of heads and speakers and others
- There is even a Markbass Bass amp for the very low end!
It Sounds Just Like Being in Front of the Real Thing!
The defining aim of the “B-5 Organ” library was to make it sound as realistic as possible, and that includes having the feeling that you are actually playing the instrument, so every acoustic sound that the real machine makes is there as well, including the Leslie speaker.
So What Exactly Can I Do With “B-5 Organ”?
“B-5 Organ” recreates that authentic Hammond Organ sound, that has been a staple of many music genres over the years, with unprecedented realism. The incredible attention to detail put into reproducing every aspect of this classic instrument makes playing in any style a joy. This is a very flexible library perfect for, but not limited to:
- Rock – gritty Leading lines to growling bass.
- Pop – bright and breezy melodies to rhythmic accompaniments.
- Jazz – perform breathtaking improvisations.
- Gospel – raise the roof with that authentic gospel sound!
And much, much more!
Normally €99.99 – get it at 50% before its gone!
- Absolute no-brainer at 50% off the normal price (normally €99.99)!
- Real Tonewheel model, sample based, around 1100 samples
- Full control over the Drawbar settings
- 200 drawbar presets that you can change while you play
- Customizable and accurately reproduced percussion system
- Precise swell pedal volume change (based on measurements)
- Real key contact modeling
- Foldback (adjustable in the bass end)
- All common organ mods available (foldback removal, paradise button, percussion drop fix, drawbar volume changes, stolen drawbar for percussions, recharge time, etc…)
- All three keyboards, Upper manual, Lower manual and bass pedals assignable to different MIDI channels or split on one
- String Bass system for easy legato basslines
- Very accurate and customizable Rotary speaker physical model made by UVI and based on our thorough measurements
- Control over the Rotary Speaker speed (chorale, brake, tremolo) and Rotary speaker type selection
- Recording type selection (independant volume and miking technique for the horn and drum)
- Easy MIDI controller assignment, you can setup any drawbar controller or a simple keyboard very quickly
- Tube distortion, “before speaker” reverb and 3 band EQ
- Keyboard, speaker, buttons and knobs acoustic sounds to feel like you’re in front of the Organ
- Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- PC Windows 7 or later
- Requires a free Ilok account.
- Uses the free UVI Workstation 2 (included) either standalone or as a plugin (VST/AU/AAX ) in 32 and 64 bits
- Perfect for folk, pop, rock, jazz, gospel, blues and much more!
What People Think About 50% off “B-5 Organ” by Acoustic Samples (VST/AU/AAX)
"All the crucial elements of a Hammond are reproduced... highly customisable... the actual organ model is extremely accurate and authentic."
Sound on Sound
Music Industry Blog
"Acousticsamples has raised the bar... it is called the B-5 organ and it is a hybrid sample-based/synthesis emulation. And man, it sounds great!"
Music Industry Blog
"Absolutely beautiful... just trust me, this thing sounds ace!"
Pro Tools Expert
Music Industry Blog