93% off “Grainstates” by Rigid Audio
“Grainstates” delivers 128 powerful, deep and soaring granular soundscapes. It is powered by a custom granular engine that can play hundreds of small grains of audio with no huge CPU impact.
Add the ability to import your own samples into the powerful Grainstates engine and this library is ideal for Cinematic Underscore, Trailer Music and Futuristic Sound Design!
NB. Requires the FULL version of Kontakt 6.4.2 or higher (NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player)Deal Expired
“Grainstates” – Inspiring Granular Morphing Soundscapes For Kontakt
“Grainstates” is a set of 128 granular morphing textures and soundscapes. It comes with two sequencers and 4x 64 source waveforms within four distinct layers that can be played back randomly.
There is control over granular playback as well as onboard effects like flair, flanger and phaser. In addition to this, each preset in “Grainstates” comes with three “states” (snapshots) that can be edited and played back in various orders and morphed as you wish.
On top of that you can import your own WAV/AIF files into each “Grainstates” layer via drag and drop to create your own unique sounds!
The deal ends in:
Explore An Intuitive GUI And Get Inspired By 128 Amazing Presets
“Grainstates” features four different engines, two granulators, a wavetable, and time-stretching where each patch is based on three “states” (snapshots). Then, these have advanced editing, playback, and blending/morphing functionalities.
When you launch “Grainstates”, you will be presented with the main screen, where you can adjust parameters and effects for all the presets. It is divided into four main areas:
- Presets & Library
- Granular Effects & Morphing
- Sequencer & Layers
The < grainstates > label at the top shows the currently active preset. Use the left and right arrows to cycle between presets. As an alternative, you can click on “library” at the top to open up the browser and choose a different preset from there.
The next layer of knobs below the preset menu controls the sequencer and granular sample playback parameters.
- FLUX – adjusts the speed of layer cycling (g1 g2)
- SPEED – controls the sequencer tables playback speed
- SPREAD – stereo position for layers g1 & g2
- DETUNE – random detune amount
- LENGTH – length of a single grain (g1 & g2)
- MULTIPLY – sample offset multiplier
- OFFSET – sample offset control (g1 & g2)
Note: All sequencer and granular control knobs can be modulated by the modulation wheel (CC #1)
The first (top) sequencer lane controls the sample offset / sample start position for the two granular layers (g1 & g2).
The second sequencer lane controls the wavetable position for the (wavetable) layer and the playback speed for the timestretching layer. Lower values will result in a slower playback speed.
In the top-right you will find the sequencer state and morphing controls.
- RETRIG – the sequencer will restart, once a new note-on MIDI command has been received.
- MORPHING – enables table and knob morphing.
- STOP – immediately stops the sequencer playback.
The [A], [B] and [C] buttons in the right corner let you switch between the three states in each preset. Click these to make changes to a particular state. You can press the key on your keyboard to select more than one state at once so that all editing affects all the selected states.
In the bottom, you can adjust parameters for all the four source layers in Grainstates.
- NOTE ICON – pitch tracking.
- RND BUTTON – chooses a random source sound whenever the granular layer cycles between g1 & g2.
- MW – controls the layer’s volume via the mod-wheel.
- VOL – layer volume.
- REVERB – layer reverb send amount.
- GRAIN XX – granular layer source sound menus.
- TABLE XX – wavetable layer source sound menu.
- WAVE XX – timemachine layer source sound menu.
- A – layer envelope attack amount.
- R – layer envelope release amount.
At the right there is a little dice symbol. Click on this to choose random source sounds for all four layers at once.
For more detailed information read the manual HERE.
Use The Built-in Effects & Import Your Own Samples To Create Unique Sounds
“Grainstates” not only has an awesome selection of built in presets, layers and a sequencer to play around with, it is also equipped with a whole host of effects, the ability to automate almost every control via MIDI CC and you can even import your own samples to make every sound uniquely yours!
These knobs control the master effects:
- FLAIR – controls the amount of the “flair” effect. This effect uses tuned delays to create metallic/ringing overtones.
- PITCH – controls the pitch (tuning) of the “flair” effect.
- MW – use these to control either the flair amount or pitch via the modulation wheel (CC #1).
- FLANGER – flanger effect amount.
- PHASER – phaser effect amount.
- RND RANGE – these two knobs control the range in which random source waveforms are chosen whenever a [RND] switch for a particular layer is engaged.
Audio File Importing
“Grainstates” features audio file importing (WAV/AIF) via drag and drop. You can either import a single audio file or multiple files at once (up to 64 per layer).
To import audio files, simply drag them from Kontakt’s files browser or from anywhere outside into the Grainstates interface. Choose a layer you want to load these files into.
If you are dragging more than one audio file into any layer, it will load these in ascending order, starting at sample slot #1. Previously loaded samples will stay in memory.
From now on, this audio file(s) will be stored within the active Grainstates instance. You can save the NKI instrument to permanently store the user sounds associated with it, e.g. “RA_GRAINSTATES_CUSTOM.nki”.
Automation & Midi CC List
“Grainstates” can be controlled (automated) by MIDI CC (continuous controllers) or host (DAW) automation, you can review what is assigned to each control in the CC lists.
For more detailed information read the manual HERE.
The deal ends in:
So What Can I Do With “Grainstates”?
“Grainstates” is a powerful, feature rich plugin filled to the brim with inspiring presets that will give you endless inspiration for your next track.
With its powerful Granular Controls, Layers, Sequencer and Effects, it is easy to create your own unique Soundscapes and FX for multiple music genres, including but not limited to:
- Cinematic Underscore
- Trailer Music
- Video Games
- Sound Design
Thanks to the ability to import your own samples, you can build soundscapes from scratch with your own content, and use the library as a full synth!
Note: Requires the FULL Retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher (NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player).
Normally €59 – get it at 93% off before it’s gone!
- 93% off the normal price (normally €59)!
- Powerful Granular Soundscape Design!
- 293MB of Content
- 128 Factory Presets.
- 3 different States within each Factory Preset.
- 4x 64 (256) Source WAV Sounds.
- 4 Engines (2x Grain, 1x Wavetable, 1x Timestretching).
- 2x 64-Step Modulation Tables.
- Control over Grain Flux, Speed, Detuning, Length and Sample Offset.
- State-Sequencer with 8 Steps and Morphing.
- Preset Randomization.
- Sound Randomization.
- Random Source Sound Selection while playing.
- Built-In Production-Quality Reverb.
- Flanger, Phaser and “Flair” – Effects.
- User Audio File import via Drag and Drop.
- “Grainstates” is fully automatable via MIDI CC
- NOTE: Requires the FULL Retail version of Kontakt 6.4.2 or above (NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player)
- Instantly useable and inspiring sounds that are perfect for Trailer Music, Cinematic Underscore and Sound Design!