Timp Skins was a small sample instrument made for MusicTech Magazine and Audio Technica. AT supplied an ATM510 microphone to record it; the last type of mic you’d use to record a sample instrument! The result is a unique Timpani sound with loads of potential for sound design. Recorded in 24 bit 44.1kHz this instrument has performance techniques that include hit, boom, shimmy, sham, thunder, and wobble. The instrument uses a 36″ Timpani skin and was recorded hanging loose. With 93 samples, I’m sure this will find a place in your orchestral palette! Adding different reverbs really does make this stand out, so experimentation is key.
Download the sample library!
It's free to register!
Unique Orchestral Timpani
- Recorded articulations include boom, shimmy, sham, and thunder
- Sample Resolution – 24 bit / 44.1 kHz
- 94 samples
- 2 .NKI patches including standard and FX
- Size – 37.9MB
- Requires the Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.3 or later
- Requires Windows 7+, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM or Mac OS X 10.7+, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM
- Please note this instrument has been designed for an 88-note keyboard
Requires the Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.3 or later